OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver Grand Slam?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver Grand Slam?
    Posted: April/02/2008 at 09:25
doesn't get discussed much here and no one around here stocks them so I haven't got a chance to look through them..

a few years ago they seemed to get good reviews for quality of glass..

I know Meade's customer service is questionable lately and that may factor into people's buying decisions...
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 11:46
 cc,I bought two 4.75x40 GS scopes this past Sept. and luckily both were made by Blount(pre-Meade). I say luckily because I didn't find out from the guys here til after I bought them that Meade had changed lense vendors(read less quality optics) when they took over.  Your right that they recieved good reviews the ones I have are FINE scopes indeed and alls not lost if you have your mind set on one. There are some GREAT prices on them out there. I'm sure there's still Blounts out there.  GOOD LUCK!

til later
 Got the hint!!

Edited by 300S&W - April/03/2008 at 08:46
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 12:03
I have a Blount made 3.5-10X50 and its a wonderful scope.  I bougth it after it received great reviews in Outdoor Life and it was as good as they said it was.  They coined it a "Great Buy" I think.  Very good in low light situations!
take em!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 17:27
Now the $64,000 Question----does SWFA know what is written on the bottom of all of their boxes?  And......should we be concerned?   Where is Koshkin?  HELP.  ( The Bat Signal) Batman
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 17:45
Originally posted by ccoker ccoker wrote:

doesn't get discussed much here and no one around here stocks them so I haven't got a chance to look through them..

a few years ago they seemed to get good reviews for quality of glass..

I know Meade's customer service is questionable lately and that may factor into people's buying decisions...
................CC!.........No need to worry about Meade since the takeover! The quality of the G/S`s, the Classic V`s have not changed. Same Jap suppliers of great glass...........Meade`s HQ`s is 20 miles from me in Irvine (So. Cal.). They just signed a new 5 year lease deal for their building!...........All warranties will be handled accordingly should that need arise. Their # is on the Weaver website if you have any questions! I did my own homework on them as I too was considering a Weaver.....................If you go to the competetors site, all the Weaver reviews are very favorable, but do come back and buy from SWFA! 
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 17:51
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Now the $64,000 Question----does SWFA know what is written on the bottom of all of their boxes?  And......should we be concerned?   Where is Koshkin?  HELP.  ( The Bat Signal) Batman
.Squeezer!Flame%20ThrowerEvil%20Bat Ed!...
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 18:00
                     Issac ( Big Squeeze) Stern     Boo%20Hoo%20This  Ed 
                 ( his mama makes him practice)

LaughRoll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 18:11
I've had a 4.5-14x grandslam for about 7-10 years now and i'd compare it with the Nikon Monarch (old model) or luepold vx3, an even wash as far as i'm concerened.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2008 at 20:32
I am not really looking at one hard, just something I have thought about as the prices right now are great on them....

they just don't get the hearty recommendations as 4200s and Monarchs do here..
owned numerous of the latter, never a 4200
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2008 at 07:11
The Weaver GS is a decent scope. I don't know about how Meade is handling warranty work though. If the CS is good then I'd be more inclined to make recommendations.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic