OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mini Compact for Chipmunk .17 HMR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mini Compact for Chipmunk .17 HMR
    Posted: December/01/2004 at 10:57

You'd think I could come up with this one on my own, but figured I'd post here anyway to get your votes.

I just picked up a new Chipmunk rifle in .17 HMR for my 8 year old son.  It's the camo laminate bull barrel model and it is 3.5 pounds!  That's only 1/4 pound heavier than the Henry mini-bolt, and that thing is plastic and tiny!!  Hard to believe.  Anyway, it has peep sites from the factory and it takes optional bases (not sure what kind or if they are proprietary, and I want to add a scope to it.  I just don't want something big and heavy, so I want the absolute lightest, shortest and lowest profile scope available.  Something in the 1-4x range with 1" objective is probably best I think.  I don't want a POS scope though. 

Okay!  Ideas?? Argue

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2004 at 13:40

how much do you want to spend???

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2004 at 15:06

No limit really, but I would think I should be able to get something decent for $400 or less.

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2004 at 15:14

how about something like the FF2 4.5-14x42 W/ballistic plex, or just the regular 3-9x40 burris FF2 would work, and he'd get a free spotter scope to play with, or just something like a nikon prostaff 4X, or 3-9x40.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Macc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2005 at 08:45

I have a Weaver 1-3x20 I am going to put on my daughter's Crickett.  Not the best optics, but still crisp and clear...much better than I had at her age. LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic