OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Just saying hello...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J!m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just saying hello...
    Posted: March/28/2008 at 14:41
Hello everyone.

My name is Jim and I've been involved with firearms for 26 years now. My Dad was a seargeant in the local Constables (Game warden/Hunter safety) and because I was always arounf guns my whole life, I passed my NRA Hunter Safety course when I was 12 years old.

Anyway, I recently became interested in Precision Target Shooting. I am planning to build up a Remington 700 (.308) or the new Savage 12 single-shot target rifle in .308.

I have several small bore rifles currently (and a few bigger ones too) but nothing for precision work.

For practice, I am mounting a SWFA SS10X42M onto a very nice Remington 511 I have. Since the stock is mint, I want to replace it before I drill that nice stock for bipod and extend the pull etc. This way, besides the tappings for the scope rail, the gun will be able to be brought back to stock later, if I choose to do so.

I found one guy on eBay making replacement stocks, and I asked him if he could do one more like a target rifle style for me.

If anyone knows of a target stock for a 511, please let me know.

Thanks to everyone, and I'll be lurking!Howdy
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2008 at 14:45
Welcome to OT! Excellent and good luck on your project.  Keep us posted.
No man on his deathbed ever said "I wish I'd made more money".
J!m View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J!m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2008 at 14:47

Thanks!

I'm working with an instructor, so I feel that I'm in good hands.

What do you know about the NRA precision rifle competitions? Or, do you know of specific members I could chat with about that?

Thanks again.

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2008 at 15:03
J!m
welcome to the OT. if you will pm me your email addy I have/know a custom stock maker that can help you with your stock needs.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2008 at 18:36
Welcome aboard, Jim!!
Glad your here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic