OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Trijicon Rifle Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawkenman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trijicon Rifle Scope
    Posted: March/26/2008 at 14:30
I plan on getting a Trijicon 56mm rifle scope. Has anyone used these or have any comments on the scope's performance?
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 17:10
Originally posted by hawkenman hawkenman wrote:

I plan on getting a Trijicon 56mm rifle scope. Has anyone used these or have any comments on the scope's performance?
.......................Dolphin has one!!!...............He should be here anytime!!!
HunterJim View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunterJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 17:27
I have hunted with their 3-9X40 and 1.25-4X24 scopes, and I still have the 3-9X. I haven't tried the 56 mm version since I don't usually have a need for an objective that large. The 40 mm was "enough scope" for a leopard.

jim
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
Molasses View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molasses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 17:47
I have the 3x9 with the amber triangle. Although I haven't hunted with it, it is the fastest onto target of any scope I've used. Judging by the specs, I think they are based on Nikon optics.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 18:22
It is a really good choice for hunting in low light at distances under about 300 yds where trajectory can be compensated for by holding over or under a little.  If you are likely to need to shoot further at times I would be looking for a scope that has a reticle with marks for known hold over however most of those only work at the highest power.  Front Focal Plane FFP scopes the holdover points are same at every power. The alternative is a tactical scope that you can dial in trajectory compensation for each different distance. Like on at 200 up 1moa (4clicks) at 300 /// up 3.25moa (13 clicks) at 400  etc. different for every bullet but once you know where to set the dial you are dead on.  Here is another scope from samplelist that you should also consider I think I would have a hard time passing on this one in lightly used almost new condition:
8270 Kahles 3-12x56 Helia CS Multizero 51835, Matte finish, plex reticle, 30mm tube, fast focus eye piece, allows you to zero your scope at five different ranges, close to new condition. $1,945.00 $999.95

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - March/26/2008 at 18:24

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 23:29
Trijicon makes good scopes and the 2.5-10x56 one is very good.  Trijicon scopes have no relation to Nikon, to the best of my knowledge. However, the glass is made in the same lace where Bushnell Elite scopes are made and optically, in my expereince Trijicon Accupoint scopes have been comparable to ELite 4200 (which is very good company to be in).

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic