OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

My SS experience.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS_gt. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My SS experience.
    Posted: March/25/2008 at 07:48
     Well let me start off by giving you a little information about myself. I'm 28 years old and a Scout Sniper in the Marines. I've been in the corps since i was 18, and would do it all over again. In my spare time and or free time (which is very limited), a buddy and myself do some casual high power competition shooting. As you can imagine we shoot A LOT, almost 3 hours a day, every day to stay sharp.

Back in February (I had just returned from my third tour in Iraq and Afghanistan in January), I was doing some shopping and fell in love with this Model 700 7mm Rem Mag in stainless steel. Had to have it, and thats just what i did, was purchase it (scopeless mind you). There was a small shoot coming up, it was a fund-raiser for a local boys scout club if i recall correctly. Well i just HAD to take this gun, still without a scope. I asked a buddy of mine what he had and low and behold he had just purchased a SS 10x42 to mount on one of his custom AR's (i think it was an AR may have been something else). I took the scope out of the packaging (he had literally just gotten it that morning) and slapped it onto my 7mag.

We went to range about 2hours early so i could site it in, and the first thing i noticed, was this scope was incredibly clear. So i began to wonder.....I yelled over at him and asked how much he paid for it, he replied $300 bucks. I was shocked. So i dialed it in at 300, and did some box/moa tests, and the clicks were perfect to the T. I ended up placing 2nd next to him in 2 different classes at the end of day, and i thought that was pretty dang good considering this was a scope i had just sited in 2hour prior to the shoot.

You guessed right, i just had to have one. So i called up swfa that evening and ordered an SS 20x42 with leupold standard mediums (burris was on back order, and i plan to swap the leupolds with some badgers i have on a different rifle). I've been hitting very consistent groups at 1200, and need to make some adjustments to my loads to be consistent any further.

Plan to be ordering two 10x42's with a set of badgers next one for my custom 308 and an backup for my issued rifle. Just wanted to say thanks to the folks at SWFA for producing a decent optic at a more than decent price.

Also wanted to throw in, i ran into a bunch of guys testing these scopes in baghdad and they loved em' too.

Thanks again,
    Jeremy P.
Infantry bullets are adressed To whom it may concern. For Snipers it's a bit more personal. Our bullets have their name & know whether or not they kissed their spouse before they died.- A Special D.I.
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2008 at 08:13
That's the kind of stuff we like hearing. Great read.
The SS is a wonderful scope for the cash.

Thank you for your service, brother. Stay safe and God bless.

J
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2008 at 16:11
Welcome to The OT, thanks for the great review of the SS and most of all, thank you for your service to our country, my friend.
May God richly bless you and yours.

Brooks View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 09:29
SWFA could not afford to buy or have the creativity to make up the testimonials for this Super Sniper scope.  I'm eagerly awaiting mine which is on back order.
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 15:36
it'll be worth the wait. i had an OOOOOLD model, which was noticably inferior from what i gather the new ones are like - and even it was pretty awesome.

simple, and very effective.

J
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2008 at 07:17
Briiks,
I have 2 so I can tell you the wait is worth it. The SS will amaze you. And it is Crazy Tuff
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic