OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Absolute best deal on the market.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Absolute best deal on the market.
    Posted: March/24/2008 at 16:30
What pair of binoculars do you think is the best deal for your money?
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2008 at 17:23
As far as I am concerned the Leupold Yosemite wins this contest hands down.  I never thought I'd ever see a less than $100.00 binocular hold its own with glasses costing 5x as much but this one does.

Steve
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2008 at 08:16
I agree. The Yosemite 6x30 is the best value in binoculars. Bright, sharp, light, true colors.
thinkingman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thinkingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2008 at 12:58
On the market is the operative phrase.
WARNING!  Shameless plug alert!
I have two pair of Nikon Premier LX listed in the classifieds, offered at $550.
I sold my Kahles after using these Nikons and will continue to search for glass this good at this price and will only compromise if it comes in a 40-42mm objective.
I have a personal pair of Nikons not for sale, I bought two other pair for gifts or sale that are the best glass I've used short of Swaro, Leica, and Zeiss.
I had a pair of Razors in my hands all day Friday and was unable to see a difference that favored the Vortices.
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2008 at 14:46
The "best deals" on the market come in the form of demo/refurb/discontinued models that can often be had for more than 50% off their original retail prices.  This is especially true when said optics retain their full, unmodified warranties.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2008 at 21:11
I agree with lucznik, it's great to buy a discontinued model at a fraction of the market price.

I have also had very good success purchasing 'used' porro prism binoculars.

The Absolute best deal on the market is the one that you use the most!

Edited by Bird Watcher - April/01/2008 at 14:30
abailey54 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abailey54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2008 at 20:52
Pentax SP without a doubt
abailey54
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2008 at 18:47
For new binoculars, either Vortex Viper or Vortex Razor or Leupold Yosemite 6x30, depending on the price range you are looking for.

ILya
smithrjd View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithrjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 14:08
The Minox 6.5X32 IF outstanding optics and very rugged. Not made in China either. They can be had for under $200.00. The independant focus will not be liked by all by I find it very easy to set focus once and forget it. These are outstanding deep woods bino's.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic