OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Silver scope for a SS T3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silver scope for a SS T3
    Posted: March/24/2008 at 02:19
Guys,

Just picked up a new Stainless Steel Tikka T3 and I'd like to buy a decent quality scope that matches the stainless steel of the rifle. Anybody know a scope less than $250 that will match the Tikka stainless? I'm specifically wondering about the Bushnell Elite 3200 in silver, but certainly open to other options. Thanks
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2008 at 08:22
 Finding a scope that really matches may be difficult
I run black warne rings and a black scope on my t3 stainless lite 308
looks good
jackG View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2008 at 10:15
My brother has a T3 SS in .308 and mounted a silver scope.  I have a T3 SS with silver factory rings and a black Sightron SII.  The black scope, in my estimation looks better.  I'm getting ready to replace the Sightron with a Kahles and the larger OL will require new rings.  I'm going to use black Talley with the black scope. 

I would suggest looking at both.  If the all SS, rifle and scope appeals to you, go for it.  But you might prefer the appearance of SS and black.   
antler addiction View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antler addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2008 at 11:34
I like the others prefer matte/matte on stainless.  Looks real good with synthetic stock IMO. 
cad View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2008 at 20:50
Thanks guys, I'll look into a matte scope. Anyone have pics of their setups?
abailey54 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abailey54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2008 at 21:41
Leupold matches better on my stainless Ruger Mark 2
abailey54
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 17:50
Just bought Silver Nikon Monarch here  for $199 to stick on a stainless Vanguard 30-06 --looks good, plus I like using the Nickel mounts ( little less prone to water issues ) . I also ordered a Bell and Carlson camo stock a month or so ago, so the black stock matching the scope isn't feasible..maybe a photo next week.

Edited by martin3175 - March/26/2008 at 17:53
Brock_Brett View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock_Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2008 at 08:08
The Sightron SII comes in a Stainless Finish and the glass and eye relief are nice.

SII Big Sky comes in Stainless Finish. I have a few of these with Stainless Warnes on some laminated stainless Tikka's. They look real nice.

Rob
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2008 at 08:55
Rob,

Any chance you could post some pics...... would like to see how those look!
take em!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock_Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2008 at 09:10
Tip, I will shoot some pictures tonight and see if I can post them.

Wish me luck, I will follow the picture posing directions and hope for the best.

Rob
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2008 at 09:13
I had a little trouble at first getting the right size.  I ended up emailing the pics to myself and the email software did the sizing for me.... (mine were too big)... then I loaded it up to this site.
take em!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock_Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2008 at 09:34
I know my digital is cranked up to max resolution but we have a couple others that might not be so I will try them and not have to change mine.

Rob
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock_Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2008 at 09:48
Tip, didn't forget about you just having large file problems.

Rob
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2008 at 16:47
Did you try the email route?
take em!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock_Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2008 at 18:58
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brock_Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2008 at 18:59

WOW, I better work on my picture import skills a bit.

Rob
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2008 at 19:15
Here's a an old pic of a silver Leupold vxII 4-12x40 AO on my m700. It's not the scope your looking for and it has a silver sun shade on but you can get an idea of what it may look like. Since then I've upgraded to a black matte Swarovski with silver base and rings. It looks pretty good too. Wink

Edited by mike650 - March/30/2008 at 19:26
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2008 at 19:18
Originally posted by Brock_Brett Brock_Brett wrote:

WOW, I better work on my picture import skills a bit.

Rob

Brett, sending you a PM.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic