OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

20 MOA mount for S&B scope on Blaser R93 LRS2?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20 MOA mount for S&B scope on Blaser R93 LRS2?
    Posted: March/23/2008 at 21:47
Hi all,

I found out about this forum a little while back and seems like there are plenty of folks with upscale gear and upscale knowledge to go with it. Hope one of them can help me with this.

I've got a Schmidt & Bender PM II 4-16X50 (34mm diameter) and right now I'm in the process of deciding to get either a Sako TRG-22 or a Blaser R93 LRS2. My problem now is that my choice might be restricted to the Sako, since I can't seem to find a mounting system for the Blaser that will offer 20 MOA of forward angle for the scope. Warne, Badger and plenty of others make 20 MOA bases for TRG's, so that's no problem but, for the life of me, I can't find a slanted base for Blaser R93's. I'm amazed that there's no German manufacturer that could figure out how to put a German scope on a German rifle with a forward angle...

Anyone have any idea what I could use? Or is there no solution to this?

Any and all help would be most appreciated!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2008 at 21:57
Glen will build pretty much anything you need.  You may be waiting for a while but he makes good stuff.  http://www.seekinsprecision.com/rails.html
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
S&B View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2008 at 07:42
I prefer steel; he seems to work with aluminium.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2008 at 09:32
This guy claims to be the largest blaser dealer in the US.  Mad Dog Guns.
1-480-585-5966
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2008 at 11:35
not sure why you need 20 moa but--
S&B View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2008 at 19:53
Wow, that looks pretty much exactly like what I'm after - but do they make them canted (with a forward angle)?

Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

not sure why you need 20 moa but--
S&B View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2008 at 17:50
Update: just found out from US Optics that they don't make that custom mount anymore :(

Any other ideas?
S&B View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2008 at 17:51
Update: just found out from US Optics that they don't make that custom mount anymore :(

Any other ideas?
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2008 at 17:54
try also NEAR manufact. they make ones for trg and FN spr.
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 08:29
the TRG-22 is about perfect - have no doubts there.

J
S&B View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 18:18
I have no doubts about it either, but I like choice!

Someone told me that the LRS2 can be ordered with a canted Picatinny rail from Blaser and he measured the cant to be 12 MOA; can anyone confirm?
R93.com.au View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R93.com.au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 19:07

Hi S&B.

What you have heard is 99.9% correct.

Blaser do a weapon called the Tactical 2. It is based on the same R93 action and looks very similar to the LRS2 but... it comes with a Picatinny rail that is "bolted" directly to the top of the receiver, not just clamped on like the Blaser saddle mount. This rail is available (from memory) in zero, 20 and 40 MOA angles.

The Tactical 2 also comes with a very effective muzzle brake and has an optional tail spigot.

I have first hand experience and training with these weapons and they are very accurate.

Regards,

Paul.

S&B View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 19:42
OK, is there any documentation about this rail on the Tactical 2? I've done a lot of searching regarding sloped mounts and R93's but have come upon nothing, so I'm surprized I missed it. Can you point me to a web page, brochure, manual, etc.? I'd really appreciate it! Big%20Grin
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R93.com.au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 20:22
No worries.

Go to the Blaser USA web site and you'll find it in their price list http://www.blaser-usa.com/uploads/media/Blaser_USA_Price_List_2007_10.pdf (near the top of the last page).

Unfortunately my memory failed me, they do 12 and 40 MOA not 20 and 40 as I said above.

(They also do a zero angle mount, but Blaser USA do not list it).

Regards,

Paul.

S&B View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 22:05
Dear God, how did I miss that catalogue... and from Blaser themselves, no less!

Heh, count on a fellow Commonwealther to help out; many thanks - 12 MOA is not perfect, but it's a lot closer to 20 MOA than a flat rail.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R93.com.au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 22:23

I don't know how much angle you need, but the 40MOA rail can be bought separately for approximately $230-$250Au.

What calibre are you thinking of?

Paul.

S&B View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2008 at 22:48
Nothing fancy: .308

But the reason I need the 20 MOA is because of how the scope I already have is set up at the factory; here's the info, straight from the manual (see section 4.2, p.3): http://www.schmidtbender.com/images/downloads/PMIIInstructions2006Edition.pdf

From the above, you can see that 40 MOA is inappropriate for my scope (with a 130 cm elevation range).
trazman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2008 at 13:28
hello guys, I have quite similar problems, but I already have my blaser lrs2 with standard blaser saddle mount. I would like to get a picatinny rail to mount it on this saddle mount... can anyone help me?
Blaser R93 lrs2 problems with picatinny rail
Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2008 at 23:03
Go SAKO.  The mounts you want are available, it's better built and safer.

Read:
Fight Smarter
Not Harder
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R93.com.au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2008 at 05:36
Hi Trazman.

I have Picatinny rail mounts available for the LRS2. If you like, go to my web site www.southernarms.com.au send me an email and I 'll reply with the details of the mount.

Regards,

Paul. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic