OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Words of Wisdom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Words of Wisdom
    Posted: March/20/2008 at 21:14
In one episode of "Cheers," Cliff is seated at the bar describing the Buffalo Theory to his buddy, Norm.  I don't think I've ever heard the concept explained any better than this. . 

Loco 

"Well you see, Norm, it's like this . . . A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo.  And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.  This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing off of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells.  Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells.   But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.  In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and much more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

mbielec View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbielec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 17:33
 after all, it did make bud wiser
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2008 at 08:20
EXaccctly.......sounds good to me
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2008 at 11:08
...............so,  if only the dumber and slower brain cells are being eaten by the lions, then we don't really get dumber, but we is actually gettin' smarter?...........   OH! I get it.... Boozer
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2008 at 12:53
THAT's why i feel so damn smart today..........

fantastic.

J
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic