OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

UH OH! Squeeze got a Leupold?????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 18:22
I am beginning to think that I am the only one here with a dry sense of humor (with possible exceptions of tahqua and sakomato, but the jury is still out).

Hiding

ILya
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 18:36
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I am beginning to think that I am the only one here with a dry sense of humor (with possible exceptions of tahqua and sakomato, but the jury is still out).

Hiding

ILya
....................Your disappointment in me, for being unadulterated sarcastic, looked to me like you really meant it!!??....................No?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 18:38
Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

Hiding

ILya
....................Your disappointment in me, for being unadulterated sarcastic, looked to me like you really meant it!!??....................No?

That was a decidedly tongue-in-cheek statement.  Or at least meant that way.

ILya
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 18:43
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Hey Squeezer.....how does an American made scope end up with a German reticle?  Sounds like a contradiction of values.  Everybody should own at least one Leupy.

I am also waiting for the BIG COMPLIMENT from Ed.  That autta be something else.

mojo
.......................................The German reticle was available because it was there to be had!!!???...........I do like the #4 crout reticle!!!..........No Mr. Ed yet??Horse%20Poop..Don`t worry! He`ll be here soon!...............He reminds me,,,,,OF ME!!..............We need some more emoticon choices!! 
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 18:45

Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

Hiding

ILya

That was a decidedly tongue-in-cheek statement.  Or at least meant that way.

ILya
..................OH!.............OK!Wink
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 18:48
Holy smokes......American assembled, German reticle, Japanese glass...what next?  Talk about "diversity"!  And I thought that Squeezer wasn't one of those bleeding heart liberals.

Where is Ed when you need him?????

mojo
MOJO
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 18:52
Originally posted by superstool73 superstool73 wrote:

Leupold sucks, Leupold sucks.Indian
..........................Did you acquire that brilliant 4 word written speech from a,,,,,,,,,,,, democrat?.Laugh..Got to be some playgerism,,, (that I can`t spell worth a crap),,,,in there somewhere!!
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 18:54
Yeah, where is Ed. We need some more happiness..........
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 19:01
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

don't listen to these guys squeeze-- you're going to love it-- use a mk4 with spr and m2 almost same thing-- great scope.
......................Hey there Dale!..........Pardon me for asking, but what is mk4 with spr and m2????......Are those part of Einstein`s equations that I haven`t seen yet???Say%20What.....Let me take a guess here! The Leupy tacticals in Mk2 & 4??...........What`s spr then?
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 19:14
Special purpose reticle

GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 19:21
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Special purpose reticle

........................Got it!...................SPR! A #4 with more busy stuff!  
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 19:26
I do not think the thick posts are as thick as in a number 4.  Unless illuminated I did not like this reticle in low light very much.

ILya
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 19:26
It's definitely busier but the small hatches might not intrude too much. The circle might speed things up a bit. I have a circle dot and it is faster than the 4A I have.
I know I don't need windage or elevation marks on my 1.5-5. The scope the SPR comes on is a medium range tactical, though. It might just be the hot ticket for that.
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 19:49

It's definitely busier but the small hatches might not intrude too much. The circle might speed things up a bit. I have a circle dot and it is faster than the 4A I have.
I know I don't need windage or elevation marks on my 1.5-5. The scope the SPR comes on is a medium range tactical, though. It might just be the hot ticket for that.
....................................As with anything new, after this scope gets on the 375, I`ll just shoulder the rifle and practice quick target acquisition!........Believe me! It won`t be long until I am just as fast with the German #4 as with most other reticles!..........Low lite use was not a consideration in picking a scope for the 375! However, should those circumstances present themselves, I`ll be ready!!.................Before I chose the Kahles 2x7 CL, I wanted a straight tubed scope. The Kahles 2x7 was very attractive for the buck! Since I can`t get one now, I had only 2 other choices for a 1" straight tubed scope!.......The Weaver V3 1x3 and the Sightron 1.25-5x20 Big Sky!..........What the hey!..I chose the Leupy! I didn`t want any parallax issues with the Nikon 1.5-4.5x20 shotgun scope (the other possibility)!
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 19:56
Maybe sometime down the road you can get a look at the 1.1-4x24 Kahles C. They aren't a whole lot more than the Leupy on the Samplelist. I certainly will never get rid of my 1.5-5 Leupold, but the Kahles straight tube 30mm C is outstanding.

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 20:04
Originally posted by mwyates mwyates wrote:

There's a reason that's the absolute #1 choice of scopes for a DGR>

Yeah!...............NOBODY ELSE makes any !!!!!!!!!!  Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing  Yuk  Yuk

Just Kidding!!  Oh, there's nothing wrong with a Leupold. It's got the NEW "improved", magical INDEX MATCHED SYSTEM ( ...that everybody else in the world already uses also---except they didn't CAPITALIZE the "words" and tout it as a NEW DISCOVERY.... Wink ) But, Leupold DID upgrade their lens coatings and made their gold rings in THREE SIZES now.
SKINNY
MEDIUM
REAL FAT  !!!!!Shocked

I'm sure the Leupold with 87 inches of eye relief and a big fat German #4 reticle will be just what you need to drop that nasty Cape Buffalo who's all pissed off at you!!Yikes       Sharp%20Shooter

Party    Big Squeeze Bought A Leupold!!!!        Bucky

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 20:16
It's the .375 Ruger I'm worried about Speer
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 20:25

Maybe sometime down the road you can get a look at the 1.1-4x24 Kahles C. They aren't a whole lot more than the Leupy on the Samplelist. I certainly will never get rid of my 1.5-5 Leupold, but the Kahles straight tube 30mm C is outstanding.

.................................I know that the 1.1-4x24 Kahles is outstanding! About 3 times the price of the VX3 too! Didn`t want a 30mm to begin with!....I will also use the VX3 on my 300 WSM Ruger Frontier which has the 1" rings already plus 4 additional spare 1" rings. I didnt want to buy a bunch of new 30mm rings plus the cost of the Kahles on top of that!................I really don`t think that using the VX3 vs. the Kahles will make any difference as to whether I am successful or not on the hunts........That will be more up to me and not the scope!
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 20:29

It's the .375 Ruger I'm worried about Speer
......................I wouldnt exactly bet against a .375 Ruger, especially in Squeezers hands!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 20:36

Squeeze-Man  BeheadEd

Laugh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic