OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

wifes present

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlevineyard1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wifes present
    Posted: March/16/2008 at 17:52
I just finished my federal income tax return and , being the loving husband i am, decided i would buy a present for my woman. I  thinking of a nice 2-7 power scope and a new rifle but i am undecided. I know that many of you may have more " hands on" experience with this sort of thing and may have some "insights" on this subject. please do not suggest a lawnmower: i got her a real nice one for her birthday!!Big%20SmileExcellentYippee
littlevineyard1
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2008 at 18:50
What is your budget, and what are the intended uses for the scope? What rifle are you looking at?
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2008 at 20:35
Is this to be your last scope or do you want to be able to get more?
How did the lawnmower go over? More Important!

Edited by 3_tens - March/16/2008 at 20:37
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
littlevineyard1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlevineyard1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2008 at 21:10
well lets see, my budget will be whatever i can hide!!you know how that goes and the rifle will be a savage i11f in 7mm-08. as for the lawnmower: well it went over pretty good. you see she told me she likes to mow the lawn because it's warm and she gets exercise and it smells good when shes done. me, being the loving man that i am, saw no other solution than to make sure she had "enough gun" so to speak. afterall, i like nice scopes and felt she should have a nice lawnmower!! hows thatExcellentWhacko
littlevineyard1
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2008 at 21:13
2-7 is good............ would look nice on a Rem. 700 CDL SF Limited Edition in .260!
This would be a perfect set up for you.....errrrr.........your wife I mean! Wink
take em!
chavist93 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chavist93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2008 at 12:33
Here is my wifes that I got her for Christmas a couple years back.  Browning A-bolt Micro in 7mm-08 with a VX-III 1.75-6x32.

Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2008 at 14:01
that is sure purdy!  Does she like to shoot it?
take em!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2008 at 17:00

Super Sniper 20x w/ Rem 700 PSS .308

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - March/17/2008 at 17:02

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
littlevineyard1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlevineyard1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2008 at 20:43
WOW , nice setup, you must really like your wife!! i have one rifle , a winchester model 94 in 44 magnum which i am going to put a monarch ucc 1.5-4.5x 20mm on. but i think my grandson may also want to use this . so that leaves my savage 111f in 7mm-o8. i am leaning toward a small light scope of 2-7 power. afterall i want this rifle to look and fell like it is wearing a scope and not like my scope is so big it is wearing a rifle.  most shots at whitetails are generally within 100 yds. i am leaning toward three scopes: a weaver 2-7 amonarch ucc 2-7 or a burrisfullfield 2-7. burris also came out with a handy little timberline model2-7 but i do not know much about this line. any information or first hand knowledge will be greatly appreciated
littlevineyard1
Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2008 at 03:42
Originally posted by chavist93 chavist93 wrote:

Browning A-bolt Micro in 7mm-08 with a VX-III 1.75-6x32.

Nice!  It looks good!  I just spent last weekend resurrecting my 20+ year old 7-08 A-Bolt.  Handy little rifle...lots of memories.  Great round, great rifle.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2008 at 10:31

What do you mean by "resurrecting"?

take em!
Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2008 at 19:06

Long story….  It was toasted in a house fire about 1990, most of the stock burning off.  We considered it a loss but didn’t toss the carcass.  Many years later my parents dug it up and had the action rockwell tested.  It turned out OK so they had a gunsmith put on a new barrel and get a new stock.  But it still needed some work—replace little springs, bed it etc.  This weekend I bedded the action and fitted/bedded on a base so it should be about ready to go. 

Anyway, I just thought it was coincidental to see another 7-08 A-Bolt right as I sat down from cleaning up some excess bedding.  My first whitetail buck, first elk, first antelope…lots of history with that rifle.

BlackSwan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackSwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2008 at 19:55
Take a long look at a Thompson ICON - maybe in .273 . I love mine in .308 . Great fit, finish and machine work. Match grade barrel

Jus my 2cents
Black Swan
Do - or do not, There is no "try".
Yoda
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 12:12
Glad you were able to save it.  Nothing like old friends to remind us of past experiences!
take em!
41Chevy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 41Chevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2008 at 14:14
got my wife a nice pair of Klipsch speakers for her birthday one year...just a coincidence i had always wanted a pair just like them...

came home one day from work and they were gone!

sold on ebay for half what i had paid to get something she really wanted

joke was indeed on me

never again
now i just need some bullets...
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2008 at 11:08
Originally posted by littlevineyard1 littlevineyard1 wrote:

I just finished my federal income tax return and , being the loving husband i am, decided i would buy a present for my woman. I  thinking of a nice 2-7 power scope and a new rifle but i am undecided. I know that many of you may have more " hands on" experience with this sort of thing and may have some "insights" on this subject. please do not suggest a lawnmower: i got her a real nice one for her birthday!!Big%20SmileExcellentYippee

HA .... I asked my wife how she's like a brand new lawnmower for our anniversary ... she said   " hope you'll like sleeping with it from now on jerk " Clown   LOL !
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2008 at 18:57
Originally posted by 41Chevy 41Chevy wrote:

got my wife a nice pair of Klipsch speakers for her birthday one year...just a coincidence i had always wanted a pair just like them...

came home one day from work and they were gone!

sold on ebay for half what i had paid to get something she really wanted

joke was indeed on me

never again

That was pretty stealthy on her part!  I have to thank you for posting that.... I might not have thought of that and you just might have saved me from a similar fate!  Damn, I really hate it when a women gets the last laugh Devil
take em!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic