OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Scopechief? Need info please...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GABR13L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Scopechief? Need info please...
    Posted: March/13/2008 at 13:00
I recently inherited a rifle with a Bushnell Scopechief 3.5-10x scope on it. The scope and the rifle were purchased in 2000 brand new. There are no markings on the scope at all that help me identify it, other than "Bushnell Scopechief", "Waterproof", and "Fully Multi-coated". I can't seem to find out any info on this series of scopes at all... what can you guys tell me? Where would they fall in the current lineup from Bushnell?

I had been planning on putting a Nikon Buckmaster on this rifle, as I'd like to have a good scope on it but do not have a lot of money to spend on it. Any idea how this current Scopechief would rank compared to a Buckmaster?
DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2008 at 14:48
I remember looking at that scope a couple of times. Im not sure how it compares to the Buckmaster but I believe that model has ASPERICAL LENSES just like the Simmons AETEC(AETEC: ASPHERICAL LENS TECHNOLOGY). Seeing how the buckmaster is only multi-coated and the Scopechief is fully multi-coated I would guess that it would be a hair brighter but Im only guessing. Also, I think they only made that model for a coulpe of years, why they stopped I dont know. I also remember that at the time it said in the description that it was "THE BEST SCOPE EVER TO WEAR THE BUSHNELL NAME."
GABR13L View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GABR13L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2008 at 16:21
yeh  lol   i read that "THE BEST SCOPE EVER TO WEAR THE BUSHNELL NAME." tagline as well.... hmmmmmmmmm
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2008 at 16:46
I believe the current equivalent is the Legend series.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2008 at 17:05
They are still in stock at the Acad-Box store. In T-town. They start @$39 They show to be above the Sharpeshooter and below the Banner with the Banner costing twice the money.
  • Multicoated
  • Waterproof / fogproof / shock proof
  • Fast focus eye piece
  • One piece tube
  • 1/4" fingertip windage and elevation adjustments
  • Easy-grip power change ring
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
GABR13L View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GABR13L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2008 at 12:26
So does anyone think spending the money to upgrade to a Nikon Buckmaster or Bushnell 3200 would be worth it?  I am thinking I'd only see a slightly better light emission...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic