OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris XTR rings on Tikka T3 Tactical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyguy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris XTR rings on Tikka T3 Tactical
    Posted: March/11/2008 at 15:16
Hi All,

This is my first post  so I just want to say Hi to everyone!

I have a Tikka T3 Tactical with picatanny rail and a Burris Black Diamond 6-24x5 scope and need some rings.

I have been looking at the Burris XTR but was unsure of height and was about to order medium but was told high is what I need. Are they good? or should I be looking at something else?

Also I emailed a dealer and he told me I would also need bases but I was of the impression that these rings would go onto the picatanny rail? Anyone able to help here?

thank you all in advance for your help! Really do appreciate it!

Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2008 at 16:09
These Burris XTR Rings will work. High 30mm. They are great rings. Excellent choice. Good bang for the buck.

Edited by Chris Farris II - March/12/2008 at 08:24
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2008 at 16:10
They will work on a picatinny rail but they are made for the burris XTR bases. This may be what the gunsmith is talking about but either way they will work with both bases.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
justplinking View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justplinking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2008 at 17:14
hey, i too have the t3 tactical, let me know how the scope and rings work out for you when you get them. I am trying to figure out which configuration I am going with right now as well. good luck with it.
happyguy73 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyguy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2008 at 10:29
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

These Burris XTR Rings will work. High 30mm. They are great rings. Excellent choice. Good bang for the buck.

Many thanks for your help on this Chris, really do appreciate it. I think I will go and order some as they seem like a good alternative to the Tikka Optilocks and a more reasonable price

Originally posted by justplinking justplinking wrote:

hey, i too have the t3 tactical, let me know how the scope and rings work out for you when you get them. I am trying to figure out which configuration I am going with right now as well. good luck with it.

Hey Justplinking, I will keep you posted as to how it all works out. I must say that for the money, I really like the black diamond scope, nice clear glass for a reasonable cost.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic