OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Z6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z6
    Posted: March/09/2008 at 20:25
couldn't take it any longer had to see if the turrets were plastic, and yes they are-- will try to get a picture of the nick and dent with a screw driver tip. windage also required positive pressure applied towards the gun to make sure rachetting system would engage (as soon as I get my macro set up going)
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 20:31

the swaro tds system puts a factor system on groups of ballistic characteristics, which they call "bullet factors" same system as the leo BAS system. in fact after using the swaro calculator to determine my hold overs and testing today, showed the same profile as a leo 4.5x14 varmit reticle on the small triangle. their web site is very useful and will give a picture of the reticle as adjusted.

Trying to get it to print to the post, but it won't/ the out put is the same as the JBM ballastic calculator with the same data plugged in.

Edited by Dale Clifford - March/09/2008 at 20:36
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 21:21
Nice setup, Dale... plastic turrets notwithstanding!Thunbs%20Up
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 22:13
Sweet man SWEET!!!!!!Yippee
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2008 at 23:06
Dale, nice looking rig!! Tells us more about the rifle you paired up with your new z6.  
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2008 at 06:58
Cooper M22 Phoenix.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2008 at 08:09
very nice stick, Dale.

tell me where i can get that cheekweld leather piece - and what it's called.

i need at least one to put on my 'hubble' setup ;)

thanks!!

J
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2008 at 11:58
this is the last part of a test started about a year ago-- just wanted to finish it up with this scope
had a choice between swaro's new ballistic reticle with the adjustable turrets or the tds system, which has several stops for different ranges. This type of system doesn't make any sense to me, when dial in and a drop chart is much more efficient. the tds makes more sense even if the turrets are not heavy duty enough for dial in apps. Also the tds system which I believe precedes leos, reticles, is very fast and usable.
the cheek pad is from Brow--nells and is for straight stocked thinner stocks, which the kevlar stock on the phoenix is. If you have a "larger" stock check with Karsten or Blackhawk.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2008 at 17:42
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

this is the last part of a test started about a year ago-- just wanted to finish it up with this scope
had a choice between swaro's new ballistic reticle with the adjustable turrets or the tds system, which has several stops for different ranges. This type of system doesn't make any sense to me, when dial in and a drop chart is much more efficient. the tds makes more sense even if the turrets are not heavy duty enough for dial in apps. Also the tds system which I believe precedes leos, reticles, is very fast and usable.
the cheek pad is from Brow--nells and is for straight stocked thinner stocks, which the kevlar stock on the phoenix is. If you have a "larger" stock check with Karsten or Blackhawk.

Dale are you talking about the new Ballistic Turret? I could be wrong but I don't think it's available on the z6, only the AV with Plex reticle. I called Swarovski the other day inquiring about a reticle change and was told the TDS reticle isn't going to be offered on the z6 any more and will be replaced by Ballistic Reticle. 

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2008 at 17:57
VERY nice, Dale, but YOU with PLASTIC turrets?!?!?! Shocked Wink 
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2008 at 18:01
It's what is under that Tupperware that impresses me...........................very nice set up. I'm impressed that you used Redfield style mounts, too.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2008 at 21:19
http://www.swfa.com/pc-12649-978-new-swarovski-2-12x50-z6-30mm-riflescope.aspx
thats why I got the TDS, if I wanted a ballistic reticle , Id use a tactical scope with a better turret system. I'm thinking swaro will use this reticle and the ballistic turret- (see at their web site) on something in this range to get into this area (marketing), even though they are not military orientated.
Still a hunting rig, somehow picatinny and badgers didn't fit--
yea going to eat it on the plastic, and least it doesn't say conquest on the side.

Edited by Dale Clifford - March/10/2008 at 21:21
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2008 at 21:27
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-12649-978-new-swarovski-2-12x50-z6-30mm-riflescope.aspx
thats why I got the TDS, if I wanted a ballistic reticle , Id use a tactical scope with a better turret system. I'm thinking swaro will use this reticle and the ballistic turret- (see at their web site) on something in this range to get into this area (marketing), even though they are not military orientated.
Still a hunting rig, somehow picatinny and badgers didn't fit--
yea going to eat it on the plastic, and least it doesn't say conquest on the side.

I've read good things about the TDS glad you got one while it's still available!!!

Sweet hunting rig. Thunbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic