OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

FYI Sightron Reticle Changes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reloader243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FYI Sightron Reticle Changes
    Posted: March/09/2008 at 11:03
Just wanted to pass along infor given to me by phone call to Sightron. Those interested in reticle changes to new SIII SS6-24x50 LR and SIII SS 8-32x56 LR scopes, Sightron has an approved point of contact that does Sightron and Leupold reticle changes. And it does not void the warranty if not the cause of a problem. They will also send the customer's reticle to the same place if the scope is warrantied,so It can be reinstalled in a replacement scope.They do not pay for the replacement of it. Their warrany people now understand that having to wait for a replacement is not good for customer satisfaction, so a replacement scope is a fast turn around.Though they do not expect that to be something that we will see with the new quality controls put in place.  Another example of a company listening to their customers. BTW   the glass in the new SIII scopes is infact the best ED glass available from Japan...now the same quality as the so called UP-Market Scopes......just my 2c worth ...in trying to buy a decent Target scope for LR......
"Hitting it the 1st shot is gun control"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2008 at 16:28
Thank you for sharing this info.

May I move this thread to the Rifle Scope Forum so it gets more traffic?
reloader243 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reloader243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2008 at 17:44
Please by all means, I think it is a better place as well.....Rick
"Hitting it the 1st shot is gun control"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2008 at 17:59
Done! Thunbs%20Up
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2008 at 01:55
Interesting.  Thanks for the info.

ILya
jmason View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 11:12
Can you give us the contact info, or what types of reticles can be installed?
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 12:12
 Sure WISH they'd do the SII scope line and up.
Dave Wilson View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2009 at 17:24
is it Bill Ackerman that's doing the alterations?
Al Nyhus View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Nyhus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 19:52

Bill is the person doing the Sightron reticles. He did one for me recently on an SII series scope. Bill also does killer work on the steel tube Weavers as well as other brands.

Optical Services Company: Bill Ackerman, 5489 Santa Teresita Drive, PO Box 1174, Santa Teresa, NM 88008. Telephone (505) 589-3833

Hope this helps.  -Al
Dave Wilson View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 19:58
i've talked to Bill recently. the area code was changed to (575) 589-3833  or oscscope@aol.com
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 20:01
  THANKS guys. Been giving serious thought to having the reticle changed on my 1.5-6x42 SII.
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2009 at 20:11
Have to look into this.  Thanks for the info!
jmason View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2009 at 09:54
This is an email I sent to Bill below. This should help further clarify some things.

In a message dated 3/10/2009 6:11:56 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, johnboymason@hotmail.com writes:
Bill,

I will be purchasing a Sighton SIII 36X soon and was wondering what I can get the reticle changed to? I do not like the target dot. Can it be changes to the mil dot or a fine cross hair? Can you install hash marks instead of dots?

Thanks,

John Mason

John,

We can build a fine X-hair for you. The cost is $110.00. We can install a mil-dot reticle  which is an array of dots, 4 up, 4 down, 4 left and 4 right, all spaced 31/2 MOA apart. The cost is $110.00, plus $10.00 a dot for a total of $270.00. We do not make hash marks. A fine X-hair is just your target dot without the dot.
All charges include return shipping, taxes, and insurance.
Bill Ackerman

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2009 at 11:25
 Hey JM,THANKS for sharing your info!  Just sent him an e-mail myself.
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2009 at 13:37
Called regarding available reticles.  I was looking for the #4.  It appears that the only ones offered are fine, ultra fine (?) and dot reticles.  Price is 110 and that includes return shipping and tax.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic