OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

4200 vs 3200 Elite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obi-wan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4200 vs 3200 Elite
    Posted: November/24/2004 at 08:41
Can someone please tell me the difference between the Elite 4200 & 3200 and also if the 3200 is a comparable scope to the Monarch?
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2004 at 12:59

the main difference between the 3200, and the 4200, is the 4200 has better tube construction, which i beleave is one peice, and the 3200 is a 3 peice, im not positive though. the 4200 has 4 layer multi coated lense, where the 3200 has single coated lense. the 4200 is a MUCH clearer scope, and is superior to the monarch, and the 3200 is below the monarch.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2004 at 16:04

ELITE 3200

The Elite® 3200 offers multi-coated optics for generous light transmission and crisp image quality. Our exclusive, patented Rainguard® lens coating reduces large drops of water to near-microscopic specks, dramatically increasing light transmission and resulting in a remarkably clear image in wet weather.
Also exclusive is our revolutionary FireFly™ reticle. This patented technology, available on several 3200 models, illuminates the crosshairs after a quick 10-second flashlight charge. The FireFly reticle glows green and you will see your crosshairs against the animal. Elite 3200 riflescopes feature a rugged, one-piece aluminum tube. And, like the 4200, this scope is tested to rigorous standards – recoil tested to 1,000 rounds. The 3200 offers everything the avid hunter requires.

GENERAL FEATURES :
Rainguard®
Multi-coated optics
Multi-coated or fully multi-coated optics on FireFly™ Reticle scopes
Magnum recoil-proof construction
One-piece hammer-forged tube
100% waterproof/fogproof
/shockproof construction
Dry-nitrogen filled
1/4 M.O.A. or finer fingertip, audible/resettable windage and elevation adjustment
Elite® Bullet-Proof Warranty
"No Questions Asked" one- year replacement (U.S. only)

ELITE 4200

The brightest scope in the world. Period. Boasting 95% light transmission at 550nm, this is our top-of-the-line riflescope. Our exclusive, hydrophobic Rainguard® lens coating disperses condensation into microscopic specks, allowing you to literally see around moisture. All optical lens surfaces are fully multi-coated for maximum light transmission and the sharpest image. The ultra-strong one-piece tube is hammer-forged from an aluminum and titanium alloy for 30% more strength than standard aluminum scopes. Finally, our Elite® 4200 scopes offer some of the largest magnification ranges in the industry for optimum versatility in the most challenging hunting situations. The scope's rugged design is recoil tested to 10,000 rounds of a .375 H&H magnum. If you're a serious hunter the Elite 4200 will do justice to your commitment.

FEATURES :

Rainguard®
Fully multi-coated optics
Magnum recoil-proof construction
One-piece hammer-forged tube
100% waterproof/fogproof/shockproof construction
Dry-nitrogen filled
1/4 M.O.A. or finer fingertip, audible/resettable windage and elevation adjustment
Elite® Bullet-Proof Warranty
"No Questions Asked" one- year replacement (U.S. only)

Both are one piece, 4200 is titanium alloy (stronger).  4200 is fully multicoated, 3200 is multicoated.  4200 has a full saddle section that houses the windage and elevation, 3200 has windage and elevation adjustments that are attached to the tube.  4200 has a 4x erector (4-16 instead of 4-12).

crispycritter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispycritter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2004 at 12:57

*  multi coated or fully multi coated optics on fire fly reticle scopes  *

this sounds like the fire fly scopes have better glass than the non fire fly scopes

ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2004 at 13:24

No, I believe it is the same glass regardless of the Firfly reticle.  All 4200s are fully-multi-coated, all 3200s are multi-coated.

ranburr

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2004 at 12:49

This is what is listed under features for the Elite 3200.  Does not really make sense.  I copied and pasted it off their site.

Multi-coated or fully multi-coated optics on FireFly™ Reticle scopes

Grubbs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2004 at 10:23
I just noticed at the magazine rack in Rifle Shooter that one of those high powered writers was testing a swar a-line, a VXIII, and the elite 3200.  He was in love with the swaro(I can understand why), and he was more impressed all the way around with the 3200 over the Leupold.  I have no experiece with the 3200 but was surprised.  Is the 3200 that good or the Leupold "not so good"?
DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2004 at 13:07
     Are you sure that it was a 3200 and not a 4200 Elite that was being compared? I would find it hard to believe they would compare Bushnells second from the top with the top of the line models from the other two companies and it would come out on top.
Grubbs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2004 at 14:26
Dave44...I found it hard to believe too, but it was the 3200.  I'll get the author and magazine info for you ASAP.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2004 at 22:03
Grubbs is correct. It was RifleShooter Magazine Jan./ Feb. 2005. If the author was that impressed with the 3200 tested, imagine how the comparo would have gone with the 4200 Elite 2.5-10x40!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic