OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Honest feedback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honest feedback
    Posted: March/02/2008 at 21:06
Looking for a little honest feedback on the Barska Swat / Tactical scope. ( 6-24x44 mil-dot)Have any of you used this scope?  FYI I have a number of 20x42 SS. I love the Super Sniper. There's just allot of hoop-La out there on that scope. I realize at this point, I've put a bulls-eye on my forehead so go for it Whistling.

RM
Ron
NRA Life Member
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 21:17
Sorry but Barska doesnt really do much for me.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Ring Master View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 23:09

Thank You,

I guess what I'm looking for is a little feedback from someone who has either been blessed with one or cursed by one.

RM

Ron
NRA Life Member
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 23:57
I have played with one and was underwhelmed.  On paper it has all the right features, but they just do not all come together well.  The scope I played with was barely useable above 14x or so and had a shifting POA when you changed magnification.

If you really want all the features, perhaps it is worth your while to raise the pricepoint a little and look at Millett TRS-1.  It is head and shoulders above the Barska.

ILya
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 12:52
Hello, RM!! You back around here for awhile?
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 13:49
Hey, RM, I'd like to hear the story behind the tricked out 10/22 clone in your avatar!

I've never owned a Barska scope, but have never had the urge to buy one based on the overwhelmingly negative comments I've heard on them.  The couple I have peered through sucked optically.

Edited by RifleDude - March/03/2008 at 13:51
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 14:19
I owned one Barska put it on a light 06 and the rifle killed in in just under 20 rounds, they replaced it and I sold it and have not tried another. I do like the Millett TRS-1 it is a good scope for the money. I have not seen or heard anything about the new Millett LRS-1 but it is supposed to be a good scope.

Duce Smile
Duce
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 15:06
Tried a Barsks once, NEVER AGAIN....................Have a nice dayBig%20Grin
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 16:46
I'llsecond the opines here and say get the Millet TRS-1, way,WAY better.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 19:03
Thank you Koshkin, for your reply.
Ron
NRA Life Member
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 19:10
Hello Cheaptrick,

I've been here all along, just in the background and keeping my big mouth shut. I see you are still playing with fire.....
Ron
NRA Life Member
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 19:24
Hi Rifle Dude,

"Hey, RM, I'd like to hear the story behind the tricked out 10/22 clone in your avatar!"

Surprise, Surprise It's the real McCoy, not a clone....

This one was featured in the Warne 2007 catalog. I can supply more pics if you would like.   Not A Clone....Big%20Grin

This is the one that was presented to me at the 2006 shot show by Shooting Gallery & Tactical Solutions. This is one of wildest custom 10-22's on this planet!!!! I'm one lucky boy...

As for the Barska, with a handle like Mr. Kahles.....

RM 

Edited by Ring Master - March/05/2008 at 20:10
Ron
NRA Life Member
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 20:09
Hello Cheaptrick,

I've been here all along, just keeping my big mouth shut..... I see you still play with fire....

RM
Ron
NRA Life Member
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2008 at 19:03
Originally posted by Ring Master Ring Master wrote:

Hello Cheaptrick,

I see you still play with fire....

RM

Wink
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2008 at 20:45
Now, THAT'S a ball of fire.Oh%20Yea%20Baby
Ron
NRA Life Member
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 10:45
Originally posted by Ring Master Ring Master wrote:

This one was featured in the Warne 2007 catalog. I've can supply more pics if you would like.   Not A Clone....Big%20Grin

This is the one that was presented to me at the 2006 shot show by Shooting Gallery & Tactical Solutions. This is one of wildest custom 10-22's on this planet!!!! I'm one lucky boy...

As for the Barska, with a handle like Mr. Kahles.....

RM 

Yes, please do post pics!  I like pics of nice rifles!  Might be more appropriate to start a new thread in the firearms section. 

I am surprised it is an actual 10/22 receiver.  Given the squared off rear and what appears to be an integral picatinney rail, it looks like a Volquartsen receiver that was given a gold titanium nitride finish -- as best I can tell from the small pic.  I have a 10/22 clone that I tricked out with Volquartsen parts and a Kidd match trigger unit, and it's a real shooter!

Pyro gave me the "Mr. Kahles" handle.  I am a huge Kahles fan, but I own and like many other scope brands as well.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 20:09
Hi Rifle Dude,

This weekend I'll take a few pics and I will start a thread in the custom rifle category with it. The description of this 10-22 might surprise you. You aren't seeing what you think you are.

The pic on my avatar was taken by photographer for use in the 2007 Warne Catalog. Enough said, I'll tell all at a later time.  

RM
Ron
NRA Life Member
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 20:22
I look forward to seeing the pics, RM.  Your "you aren't seeing what you think you are" statement has me intrigued!Big%20Grin
Ted

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2008 at 19:32
It's for sure a 10-22...... but....
Ron
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic