OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Knocked out by Zeiss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottiedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knocked out by Zeiss
    Posted: November/22/2004 at 22:16
Went to purchase a Burris FF2 today, due to all the recommendations here for a reasonably inexpensive scope.   The smith had me look thru a Zeiss conquest (at double the price) and I couldn't bring myself to buy anythng else.  I compared Leupold 1,2 and 3's; Nikon; Bushnell-- everything he had but Swarovski- and nothing was as bright and crisp.  Curses!!! No, really I'm delighted with it, and glad I dug deep for the extra bucks- hope to get many years out of it.  Thanks for all the interesting and informative talk here.
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2004 at 01:26

You are going to love the Conquest, and it is worth the extra money.

ranburr

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2004 at 17:04
Originally posted by ranburr ranburr wrote:

You are going to love the Conquest, and it is worth the extra money.

ranburr

Amen.....
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
gozarian View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gozarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2004 at 01:24
You have chosen wisely scottiedog!
obi-wan View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obi-wan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2004 at 08:39
Just curious how much you paid for the conquest?  Have seen it thrown around and compared to some other scopes, but it the leopold 3, and the 4200 are a lot higher (like 200 bucks more) than the Monarch, 3200, Burris and GrandSlam, which usually come up in the same conversation  (all in the 250-300 range).  It is hard for me to justify 150 more if one of the latter 4 are just as good.  If i am way off on the price or  quality please let me know. 
scottiedog View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottiedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2004 at 10:00
I paid 429, and I looked through ALL the others you mentioned and they were noticibly inferior in light transmission and clarity.  It's worth the extra few dollars if you think about it as a long-term investment.
J_Man_66 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_Man_66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2004 at 23:32
What was the power and the objective size?
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2004 at 14:08

For that price, I am going to guess that it was a 3-9x40.

ranburr

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2004 at 19:46

I was expecting a post on how you got knocked out.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic