OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Who has a Kahles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who has a Kahles
    Posted: March/01/2008 at 22:44
Who has a Kahles? Are the turrets resettable and as easy to set and read as a Nikon Monarch.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 10:26
All of my Kahles are C models and the turrets are easy to read and set. Definitely as good as my two Monarchs.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 11:57
I was looking at the 3-10x Hela CL Multi O $749 sample list Vs Nikon 2.5-10 Gold $699 in your opinion would Kahles be $50 better.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 12:00

i dont either but i know the kahles is better, it makes my monarch ucc look silly

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 12:06
I am not familiar with the CL. My C blows my Monarchs away, though.
The 2008 scope scale says so, too.

2008 Riflescope Rating Scale

10 - Swarovski Z6, Zeiss Victory

9 - Kahles C - CL & CSX, Schmidt & Bender

8 - Kahles KX, U.S. Optics, Swarovski PH & American, X.O.T.I.C.,  Zeiss Classic

7 - Bushnell Elite 6500, Leupold VX-7, Nightforce, IOR Valdada

6 - Bushnell Elite 4200, Nikon Monarch & Monarch X, Zeiss Conquest

5 - Leupold Mark 4 VX III & VX-L, Nikon Monarch Gold & Titanium, Sightron SIII

4 - Burris Black Diamond Signature Select XTR & Euro Diamond, Meopta, Pentax Lightseeker, Super Sniper, Trijicon Accupoint, Weaver Grand Slam

3 - Bushnell Elite 3200, Leatherwood, Leupold VX-II, Millet, Nikon Buckmaster, Sightron SI & SII, Simmons Aetec, Vortex

2 -  Burris Fullfield II & Timberline, Leupold Rifleman & VX-I, Mueller, Nikon ProStaff, Simmons, Swift

1 - Barska, BSA, Tasco

0 - ATN, Leapers, NcStar

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 12:35
IMO that is where I was leaning. I have never looked thru or even at the Kahles so I had some concern.

Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 12:51
I have a coupe of KX models, which are almost, but not quite, as good as the CL Model.  You will be tickled with the CL.  Nothing against the Monarch Gold, but you will be a couple of notches up, with the Kahles.  Ask RifleDude, or send him a PM, and he will give you the straight skinny, that you can trust!

Mojo
MOJO
ND2000 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ND2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 12:55
I have a CL and a AH (the equivalent of the KX).  Either are wonderful.  The CL is on my No. 1 hunting rifle.

ND2000
You either get what you pay for or what you deserve.
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 12:57
Hey guys.....I did not mean that the rest of you could not be trusted (me included)  but Rifledude isn't called "Mr. Kahles"  for nothing.  Sorry if I offended anyone! 
MOJO
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 13:06
actually he is called mr. kahles because i put it there
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 13:32
.....and you were absolutely correct when you came up with "Mr. Kahles", pyro!  
MOJO
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 17:24
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

I was looking at the 3-10x Hela CL Multi O $749 sample list Vs Nikon 2.5-10 Gold $699 in your opinion would Kahles be $50 better.

Hi, 3_tens!  To answer your questions:
 -- yes, the Kahles turrets are easy to read and they are resettable by loosening the screw in the top center of the turret, rotating the outer indicator ring, and retightening the screw.  I don't like this reset method as well as the Zeiss and Swaro "pull up, rotate and press down" method, but you don't do it very often, so it's not that big a deal.
--  to each his own, but I think Kahles is every bit $50 better than Monarch Gold and then some.  Kahles is right up there with the finest scopes made in the world optically and mechanically.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Lawnfella View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawnfella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 20:07
Buy the Kahles and you'll be happy. I love mine!Bandito
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 20:21

Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Hey 3_tens, are you talking about the Multi Zeros?  If so I have 2 of the 4x12x52's.  Also have a 3.5x10x50 AH with the TDS, one of the older ones, I think they have discontinued those.

It's difficult to compare the turrets on the MultiZero's and the Monarch as the MultiZero is very specialized.  You can download the video here (I hope it posts right and Kahles is not a "competitor")

http://www.kahlesoptik.com/index.php5?menu=5&seite=19&kategorie1=50&kategorie2=51

I would certainly put my money on the Kahles being noticeably better than the Nikon, although I don't have a Nikon so I am just guessing.  I do have a Zeiss Diavari, 2 Conquests and a Burris Black Diamond and I can tell you that the Kahles MultiZero are as bright as the Diavari and clearer. 

The one on my 280AI has a 4A reticle and I prefer it to the plex on the other one.

But back to your question, you hand turn the turret which turns with positive clicks. 

You start with the rifle on Mode A and zero, then turn to Mode B and turn counterclockwise to set the stop.  The rifle will always stop back at that point.  Then turn to mode C for shooting.  There are marks on the turret that you can set for whatever yardage you wish.  This shows the marks for the 200, 300 and 400 yard marks with the scope set to shoot at 300 yards.

Cat's meouw!!  Cheers  Grab one if you can.
Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 12:08
Nice Beretta Matos, sakomato!Thunbs%20Up

I have the exact same version of the Mato with the HS Precision stock in .300 mag along with the same Talley rings as yours, except mine has a Swaro 3-10X42 on it.  How do you like yours?  Mine shoots pretty well, but I replaced the stock trigger with a Jewell trigger designed for the Rem M700.  I had to stone the sear engagement surface on the cocking piece back a few 0.001" to make it work, though.  I love the action (which is a Dakota M97) and stock used on that rifle!  Too bad they aren't made anymore.

I missed the part about the Multi-Zero, 3_tens.  None of mine have the MZ feature, so I can't comment on it, but sakomato does an excellent job of explaining its function with supporting pics!

Edited by RifleDude - March/03/2008 at 12:09
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 15:15
The multi O is what was on the samplelist. I did not see the other. Sakomato the pics are great. I will look again to see if there is a standard adjustment on the sample list.

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 15:22
Only M-0 on samplelist. Another question When going from one setting to the next on the multi-0 are there clicks between? Or is it smooth.

sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 19:09
Smooth.  You insert the projections on the key into the indentations on top of the turret

and hold the turret still while going from one mode to the other.  On one of my scopes there is a slight catch between mode B and mode C but I just gently rock it back and forth till it gets past it.  It would be hard to move from one mode to the other without the tool but probably could be done.

The marks are set with the end of the tool which slide onto the smaller smooth silver rings and a point goes into the mark and then rotate it till you line up with the white arrow on the body of the scope

The marks can be moved with a sharp object like a pen point but have enough tension that they would not move by themself.

One of the best things about this system it allows you to quickly set for any range and you can set between the marks like for 450 yards

Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 19:26
I have two Kahles scopes, a 4-12x52CL/0 mounted on a 300 weatherby & a 2-7x36CL being mounted on a Kimber Montana in 260 rem. Both scopes are new and haven't been able to do any shooting with them yet, too cold. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2008 at 22:28
If it is not too hectic the order will be placed Tuesday. It will be 3 weeks before the RR EOP Varmint 20" arrives to put it on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic