OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

light transmission through Mueller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvinbeaverdip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: light transmission through Mueller
    Posted: February/29/2008 at 10:30
I've gone through their website, and haven't found mention of what the light transmission is through their scopes. I don't have any dealers around here that carry it to check it out, so I can only compare it to what I'm familiar with, which is a leupold VX-2, a browning, and a nikon buckmaster. My browning is supposedly 94%.
How do the mueller's compare?
Also, while I don't think I need an illuminated reticle, they don't seem to make the same scope in an un-illuminated (or at least the specs don't read the same). Do the more expensive illuminated dot models actually have better glass as well?
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2008 at 11:05
I talked with them awhile back and remember asking that question, they stated depending on the model that it would run from the low of 91% to a high of 95%. I have three of them and IMHO- for the price I am impressed with the quality of the glass. So far they have heldup WELL for me. 2 are mounted on 17HMR's and have about 5000 rds thru them. You can call them at 888-775-8885 I found them to be very friendly and helpful. That is one of the reasons I bought more than one, their customer service like SWFA is top of the line in my book.....
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
marvinbeaverdip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvinbeaverdip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2008 at 11:11
Originally posted by medic52 medic52 wrote:

I talked with them awhile back and remember asking that question, they stated depending on the model that it would run from the low of 91% to a high of 95%. I have three of them and IMHO- for the price I am impressed with the quality of the glass. So far they have heldup WELL for me. 2 are mounted on 17HMR's and have about 5000 rds thru them. You can call them at 888-775-8885 I found them to be very friendly and helpful. That is one of the reasons I bought more than one, their customer service like SWFA is top of the line in my book.....
That's what I've read here on the forum, and I've run into a few other guys locally that have heard good things, although none of them own one. My deal for a closeout bushnell fell through on "another" site, but I've been considering a mueller for a while. This would go on a .243, so I'm hoping they hold up to something more abusive than my .17hmr.
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2008 at 10:19
 I've been using a Mueller 4-16X50 Tactical MilDot on my 30-06 for over a year now and every shot has been dead on ... no variance and is very clear to the eye . I like the advantage and choice of the illuminated rectile . Don't use it much but when sighting into darker or shaded targets it's great ! In a way I wish I'd have just bought the 4-16X50 IGR AO as I usually don't have time to figure bullet drop which when you've used scopes as much as I have you learn where to put the mark anyway . The single dot in the IGR in my buddy's is alot more user friendly in my opinion . Have'nt been out gunned with clearer optics on any other brand ... including Mike's .... leu nut friend .... run of the mill leupolds . The muellers have japanese lenses ... high end german coatings and durability I can vouch for .
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
marvinbeaverdip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvinbeaverdip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2008 at 10:26
Originally posted by merceanary1947 merceanary1947 wrote:

I've been using a Mueller 4-16X50 Tactical MilDot on my 30-06 for over a year now and every shot has been dead on ... no variance and is very clear to the eye . I like the advantage and choice of the illuminated rectile . Don't use it much but when sighting into darker or shaded targets it's great ! In a way I wish I'd have just bought the 4-16X50 IGR AO as I usually don't have time to figure bullet drop which when you've used scopes as much as I have you learn where to put the mark anyway . The single dot in the IGR in my buddy's is alot more user friendly in my opinion . Have'nt been out gunned with clearer optics on any other brand ... including Mike's .... leu nut friend .... run of the mill leupolds . The muellers have japanese lenses ... high end german coatings and durability I can vouch for .
Thanks. I'm going shooting tomorrow and my brother in law is bringing his 22-250 with a new 6-24x50 nikon monarch. We're going to do some 200 yard shooting, and I'll see how much I like/dislike his compared to my 5-15x40. Either way, I think I'll be getting a mueller for my soon to be .243
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic