OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need Help Identifying Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennessean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help Identifying Rifle
    Posted: February/28/2008 at 12:33

I saw an add for the following, and have no other information to go on:

Sako Tikka T-3, 270 rifle, L.W., w/scope.

I know it's not much detail.  What could you tell me about this rifle with only the above to go by?  Anything in particular I should look for or know before I take a look at it?

Thanks.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2008 at 13:13
You can get some general info on Tikka rifles at this link.

I have no personal experience with them but two of our hunt club members have them in 308 and 30-06 and love them, very accurate.
As far as prices go would have to check gun stores in your area.  Any idea of what kind of scope is on it?
God save the Empire!
Tennessean View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennessean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2008 at 14:33
Dogger - It's actually in an auction listing.  Can't been seen beforehand.  Wanted to get some kind of idea as to its worth (price and otherwise) before the bidding begins.  No idea on the scope.  Maybe I'll bid anyway and it'll go cheap. 
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2008 at 14:42
Ya, sorry I can't help.  All my prices here would be in Cdn dollars and way too high
God save the Empire!
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2008 at 16:19
Check the serial numbers with Beretta customer service.  Tikka got a bad lot of material a few years back and did a recall.  Other than that I think you will be very pleased.  They have a nice trigger.
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

edsguns View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edsguns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2008 at 13:58
The rifle advertised is a Tikka T-3 Lightweight, likely bl/fib. All Tikka T-3's come with the EXACT same barrels as the Sako 85, so they should all be shooters. I've owned 2 Tikkas, a model 695 in bl/fib in 25/06 and a T-3 ss/lam in .300WSM and both shot very well. They only make a full-sized action in the T-3, no short action for s/a calibers. As a .270, of course, that matters not. The T-3s are nice rifles, a good value in today's market.
We are all responsible for leaving the same legacy of rights and freedoms we have to our children and grandchildren!
Tennessean View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennessean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2008 at 13:28

Looks like edsguns nailed it.  It was a Lite Stainless.  The scope was a Simmons.  Not sure how much it went for - the kids and I left early.  It was at the end of several long tables of stuff being auctioned off.  'Course they started off selling individual glasses and bowls, and it was taking forever.  I've been to plenty of auctions in these parts, and I can tell you when the weather's nice (outside auction), and the food and drinks are flowing, and they have a bunch of glassware they gotta sell first, it's gonna be a long day and things aren't going cheap.  The kids got restless and we left long before they got to the good stuff. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic