OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Deadnutz scope rings/bases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deadnutz scope rings/bases
    Posted: February/26/2008 at 16:03
Has anyone heard of or tried deadnutz rings/bases?  I ordered a set today to mount on a Kimber Montana.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2008 at 17:38
No, but I've been intrigued by their mounts.  Give us a full report on what you think of them when you get a chance!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2008 at 19:54
I'll do that Ted, I should have them in a couple of days.  While I'm at it I'll also correct the spelling, it's Dednutz.
AWS View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2008 at 15:32
I put a set on a Savage short action.   The Savage has very long spacing on their mounting holes and I had to recut cross slots on a weaver style one piece base to get a Sightron 1.5x6 to fit.  This gun is a one bullet one load gun so there will be no swapping of scopes for different loads so there is no need for QD's on this rig.

The DEDNUTZ one peice ring and base set is perfect for my rig.  With the one piece rig there is no problem with ring or base alingement.   The drilling on the base was very accurate and the rings are closer together than you can place them with the original 2 pc. weaver bases which gives you alot more leaway on scope position.  The rings look a little bulky but seem Mack truck tough.  The rings a pretty high, mine are lows but I have about 1/8" clearance under a 42mm objective .

AWS
After the first shot the rest are just noise.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2008 at 16:00
Sorry for the delay, I did recieve and mount the dednutz scope rings/bases on a kimber montana in 260 rem.  I went with the silver rings/bases and they match up fairly decent with the kimber stainless. One thing I wanted to mention is that the rings & bases are of one piece, it appears that they are machined from block of aluminum.  The fit and finish are good and time will tell how they hold up.  So far I'm fairly impressed.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 18:22
Thanks for your review, lucytuma!

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2008 at 18:30
I'll post pictures, if I ever get home.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Ring Master View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2008 at 21:48
Dednutz ?  Had a doctor in Oregon City kill mine about 20 years agoRoll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing

RM
Ron
NRA Life Member
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2008 at 22:04
 Being machined versus cast tells the story better than any other spec .  Gonna check into those . And ringmaster .... OUCH !!!
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
mlminor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlminor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2008 at 15:00
I have a DNZ mount on my Marlin 1895 XLR .45-70 and was impressed with the machine work/quality. When I bore sighted the rifle it was only a few clicks low and almost dead on L to R with my new Conquest 1.8-5.5 x 38.

They have taken the 325 gr. Hornady "hot" loads with ease. If I had the money I would probably use these rings with a dedicated scope for each of my rifles....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic