OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Fullfield lighted reticles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Fullfield lighted reticles
    Posted: November/20/2004 at 10:45
     I am curious as to how durable the lighted reticles are in Burris scopes, or any brand of scopes for that matter. Does anyone know if lighted reticle scopes have problems with the lights messing up or if the light from the crosshairs causes glare problems within the scope. I would like to try out one but I dont know how reliable the electronics are in a riflescope. I think the ELECTRO DOT RETICLE would be a very nice feature to have in low light.
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2004 at 13:32

in a quality illuminated scope, the batteries dieing are the really only things that happen, and when they die on the burris, its jsut has a normal black reticle, the same as when its turned off.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2004 at 19:10
Very dependable and relatively simple in design.  Most illuminated reticles are designed and tested on very large dangerous calibers.  We have never had a single return or complaint concerning an illuminated reticle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic